Entegris, Inc. (NASDAQ: ENTG) today announced that it has completed its acquisition of CMC Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ: CCMP).
“It is an exciting day at Entegris. With the closing of the acquisition of CMC Materials, we are creating the global leader in electronic materials,” said Bertrand Loy, president and chief executive officer of Entegris. “We are better positioned than ever to address our customers’ most demanding process challenges and support their ambitious technology roadmaps, while achieving a faster time-to-solution. The addition of CMC Materials further differentiates our unit-driven platform and will allow us to unlock significant growth through enhanced innovation, scale and execution. We are confident that the combined organization will be poised to deliver meaningful value for our customers, colleagues and shareholders. Moving forward we are focused on efficiently and effectively completing the integration of CMC Materials, driving revenue and cost synergies, and deleveraging the balance sheet.”
With the addition of CMC Materials’ suite of solutions, Entegris offers the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio and enhanced operating capabilities, for applications in the fab environment and across the semiconductor ecosystem. This expanded portfolio increases Entegris’ content per wafer opportunity and its unit-driven revenue from 70% to approximately 80%. Our enhanced materials and process solutions will help customers improve productivity, performance and total cost of ownership.
In connection with the completion of the transaction, Entegris has established a new operating model. The company will now operate in four divisions:
- Microcontamination Control (MC), will continue to include the Liquid Microcontamination Control, Gas Microcontamination Control and New Markets business units;
- Specialty Chemicals and Engineered Materials (SCEM), will include Entegris’ Advanced Deposition Materials, Specialty Chemicals, Specialty Materials and Gases and Surface Prep and Integration business units (all of which were part of the SCEM division). It will also include CMC Materials’ International Test Solutions (ITS), as well as Performance Materials operations, Pipeline and Industrial Materials (PIM) and QED;
- Advanced Materials Handling (AMH), will continue to include Wafer Handling, Fluid Handling, Sensing and Control, Liquid Packaging and Life Sciences business units;
- And the new Advanced Planarization Solutions (APS) Division, which will include an end-to-end suite of CMP solutions, including CMC Materials’ CMP Slurries, CMP Pads and Electronic Chemicals businesses, as well as Entegris’ Post CMP Cleans, Pad Conditioners, CMP Slurries and Brushes business lines.
Entegris also expanded its Executive Leadership Team, which now includes:
- Bertrand Loy, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Michael Besnard, Senior Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer
- Olivier Blachier, Senior Vice President, Business Development
- Joe Colella, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- Greg Graves, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
- Clint Haris, Senior Vice President and President, Microcontamination Control
- Jim O’Neill, Senior Vice President, Chief Technology Officer
- Sue Rice, Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources
- Neil Richards, Senior Vice President, Global Operations, Supply Chain and Quality
- Bill Shaner, Senior Vice President and President, Advanced Materials Handling
- Stuart Tison, Senior Vice President and President, Specialty Chemicals and Engineered Materials
- Dann Woodland (formerly of CMC Materials), Senior Vice President and President, Advanced Planarization Solutions