MEMS and imaging sensor innovations driving an explosion of Smart applications will take the spotlight as the SEMI MEMS & Imaging Sensors Summit gathers industry experts and visionaries next week for insights into intelligent sensing advancements. The event, 6-7 September in Grenoble, returns to the World Trade Center (WTC) in Grenoble. Registration is open.
Themed Intelligent Sensing for Better and Smarter Living, the SEMI MEMS & Imaging Sensors Summit will highlight the latest technology developments and trends for key applications in segments such as automotive, healthcare, green manufacturing, smart vision, camera technology, industrial safety and air quality.
“MEMS and sensors are improving the quality of life around the world, a trend that promises to pick up pace as innovators develop new sensor applications across nearly every industry imaginable to reshape the way people work and live,” said Ajit Manocha, president and CEO of SEMI, whose keynote will open the conference. “The SEMI MEMS & Imaging Sensors Summit assembles a premiere lineup of industry experts to explore future applications that will lead to a smarter world and drive sensing market growth.”
The Onlife era is driving a paradigm change in the man-machine interface to enable the Metaverse, Industry 5.0, autonomous vehicles and other innovations, opening new opportunities for MEMS and imaging devices. The keynote Semiconductors Powering the Future by Andrea Onetti, Executive Vice President of the MEMS Sub-Group at STMicroelectronics, will highlight the critical importance of collaboration across the semiconductor supply chain in bringing these new technologies to market.
In his keynote Implementing a Human Centric Approach for Innovative Smart Sensors, Sébastien Dauvé, CEO of CEA-Leti, will explore developments in innovative sensors for applications such as healthcare, wellness, environment, clean mobility, and cybersecurity.
- During the summit’s first session, A Diverse and Sustainable Workforce Enabling Next Generation Innovation, industry leaders will discuss how workforce diversity can help spur innovation and leaders can create an inclusive environment where employees can thrive. The session, sponsored by Merck and Edwards Vacuum, will close with a panel discussion.
- Market Brief session speakers will highlight industry trends and market drivers.
- The Intelligent Sensing will highlight new sensor technologies that enable fast, reliable edge computing to pave the way for smarter applications in industries such as automotive and medical.
- The session dedicated to materials and equipment advances will highlight higher performance MEMS devices for new manufacturing techniques and equipment.
- The emerging sensor applications sessions will feature industry leaders discussing the latest developments in photonics, biosensors, and spectroscopic technologies.
- The final session will explore how the integration of optics and silicon through co-packaged optics (CPO) can meet growing performance and power efficiency demands fueled by the rapid growth of cloud data.
After the common conference track, industry leaders will discuss MEMS and imaging technology advancements during the following parallel sessions:
- The MEMS Track will present MEMS technology applications, devices and manufacturing trends, including the integration of multiple sensors into System in Package (SiP), MEMS for medical sensing, and system integration of data generation and data processing. Manufacturing advancements enabling 300mm wafer sizes, 3D integration and substrate diversification and environmental MEMS technologies will also come into focus.
- The Imaging Track will explore imaging technology advancements and the future of sensing processes, design and computing. Industry experts will discuss the latest advancements in traditional Short-wave infrared (SWIR) imaging technology and the promise of new quantum dot SWIR as well as provide an overview of how more cost-effective sensors and solutions for SWIR hyperspectral imaging are enabling new consumer applications.
The exclusive exhibition area at the World Trade Center will offer networking and B2B matchmaking opportunities, including networking lunches on Sept. 6 and Sept. 7. The Chateau Sassenage will host a Gala Dinner, sponsored by JSR Micro N.V. and Teledyne,on Sept. 6. Dinner tickets can be reserved online or onsite.