The promise of growing prosperity worldwide through digital transformation and smart technology innovations will take center stage at SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual, December 11-18, as industry leaders and visionaries gather for the latest technologies, developments and trends across the electronics manufacturing and design supply chain. Registration is open.
Virtual Exposition and Pavilions
Featuring more than 100 companies and cutting-edge technologies, the SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual exhibition will be live December 14-17. Highlighting the exhibition will be 10 pavilions spanning electronic system design, flexible hybrid electronics, MEMS, quantum computing, 5G and 6G, smart mobility, and smart workforce. SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual conferences and the workforce development program will be held December 11- 18.
SEMICON Japan Virtual Keynotes
SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual will offer eight online keynote presentations with English subtitles:
- Challenges of Building a Prosperous Digital Society – Opening Panel
- The Future and Technological Challenges Opened Up by AI – Panel Discussion
- SMART Mobility 1
- The Era of Quantum
- Strategies of Japan’s Leading Companies – Leaders’ Talks in the Semiconductor Industry: Part 1
- Recommendations from Global Leading Companies – Leaders’ Talks in the Semiconductor Industry: Part 2
- Top Securities Analysts’ Perspective on the 2021 Equipment Market – Bulls & Bears
- Challenges for the Sustainable Development of Semiconductor Industry – Grand Finale Panel
Three visionaries from government, academia and industry will kick off the conference on November 11 by exploring the challenges of increasing societal prosperity through the digital transformation.
Akira Amari, Chairperson, Research Commission on the Tax System, Former Minister of State for Economic and Fiscal Policy
Makoto Gonokami, Ph.D., President
Tetsuro Higashi, Former Chairman and CEO
Grand Finale Panel
A grand finale panel of executives representing the Japan semiconductor supply chain and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry on November 18, the last day of SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual, will discuss efforts to sustain microelectronics industry innovations and growth.
Hirohide Hirai, Director-General, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau
Atsuyoshi Koike, President, Western Digital Japan
Nobu Koshiba, Director, Chairman of the Board
Tom Tsuneishi, Executive Chairman
SMART Workforce Pavilion at SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual
Hiring companies and university students will connect at the SMART Workforce Pavilion on the SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual show floor to discuss microelectronics industry career opportunities. SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual will also offer
Mirai College Online, a semiconductor industry careers guidance program, on Saturday, December 13 with 800 university and graduate students expected to participate. The program will be also offered prior to SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual on November 28.
SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual Sponsors
- Platinum – Applied Materials, Lam Research, Screen Semiconductor Solutions and Tokyo Electron
- Gold – Advantest, JSR, Nikon and Tokyo Seimitsu
- Bronze – KITZ SCT, Micronics Japan and Nihon Pall
- SMART Workforce – Advantest