SEMI today announced the appointments of Luc Van den hove, president and CEO of imec, as chair and Paul Boudre, CEO of Soitec, as vice chair of the SEMI Europe Advisory Board. The SEMI Europe Advisory Board is the senior industry executive board that plays a critical role in the development and growth of Europe’s semiconductor industry.
SEMI Europe Advisory Board members provide strategic guidance and represent the collective interests of all SEMI members to help foster the growth and profitability of the European microelectronics industry.
“We are honored to collaborate with a diverse group of executive leaders that epitomize both the technological and competitive advantages of Europe’s microelectronics industry,” said Laith Altimime, president of SEMI Europe. “Together, we will work to advance the European microelectronics ecosystem to drive future growth and promote European strategic initiatives and partnerships in order to strengthen Europe’s technological sovereignty and leadership in the digital age.”
“We thank Kevin Crofton, CEO of Comet, for his strategic leadership and valuable support to SEMI Europe as a chair over the past years and continued member of the board,” Altimime said.
“I am extremely honored to be appointed chair of the SEMI Europe board and consider this a recognition of the key position that imec has established over the years being one of the leading R&D centers in Europe. I am looking forward to taking up my role and leverage my expertise and knowledge to further strengthen SEMI Europe’s efforts in connecting and supporting its members and drive innovation and growth in Europe by protecting its core competencies while strengthening global supply chains.” Luc Van den hove, president and CEO of imec
“Our world and societies are facing major changes and disruptions. This creates significant opportunities for the semiconductor industry and for Europe as a whole. SEMI is a key motor of this transformation, because it drives the development of our ecosystem, up and downstream, and helps us to bolster Europe’s leadership and sovereignty.” Paul Boudre, CEO of Soitec
SEMI Europe Advisory Board includes:
- Luc Van den hove, president and CEO, imec, chair
- Paul Boudre CEO, Soitec, vice chair
- Alain Jarre, CEO, Recif Technologies
- An Steegen, CTO, Umicore
- Andreas Waelti, CEO, Evatec
- Benjamin Hein, VP, Head of Strategy and Business Transformation, Merck
- Christoph Kutter, director, Fraunhofer EMFT
- David Brough, president and MD, TEL Europe
- David Butler, EVP and General Manager, SPTS Technologies Ltd
- Emmanuel Sabonnadiere, CEO, Leti CEA Tech
- Eric Gerondeau, Crolles site director, STMicroelectronics
- Ivo Raaijmakers, CTO and Corporate VP of R&D, ASM International
- James Robson, Corporate VP, Applied Materials Europe
- Kate Wilson, president, Semiconductor Division, Edwards Vacuum
- Kevin Crofton, CEO, Comet Group AG
- Maurice Geraets, managing director, NXP Semiconductors
- Mike Allison, CEO, VAT Group
- Patrick Leinenbach, Senior VP of Automotive Electronics, Robert Bosch
- Paul van Wijnen, VP of Corporate Marketing, ASML
- René Reichardt, CEO, DAS Environmental Expert
- Sabine Nitzsche, EVP and CFO Automotive, Infineon Technologies
- Thilo Brueckner, managing director, VDMA-EMINT
SEMI Europe has consistently broadened its diverse representation that now consists of female and male leaders representing the entire value chain across the semiconductor industry. To learn more about the European board, visit www.semi.org/eu/semi-organization/european-advisory-board.