Packaging

Cadence Digital and Custom/Analog Flows Achieve the Latest TSMC N3 and N4 Certifications

Cadence Design Systems, Inc. today announced that its digital and custom/analog flows have achieved certification for TSMC’s N3 and N4 process technologies in support of the latest Design Rule Manual (DRM).

New ISO 26262 Functional Safety Packages Simplify Design of ASIL B and ASIL C Safety Applications

Microchip Technology Inc. is offering newly certified functional safety packages to enable engineers to develop their products as per the ISO 26262 functional safety standard.

Mobix Labs Opens Design Center in Australia

 Mobix Labs In., today announced it has opened a new design center in Sydney, Australia, with the hiring of a veteran team of engineers who have strong track records in the successful development and layout of radio frequency integrated circuits (RFICs).

Omni Design Announces Silicon Validated Data Converters on TSMC 16nm Process

Omni Design Technologies, a provider of high-performance, low-power mixed-signal Intellectual Property (IP) solutions, today announced the availability of silicon-validated 12-bit 6 Gsps analog-to-digital (ADC) and 12-bit 7 Gsps digital-to-analog (DAC) converters on TSMC’s 16nm process.

Akoustis Acquires Majority Ownership Position of RFM Integrated Device, Inc.

Akoustis Technologies, Inc., an integrated device manufacturer (IDM) of patented bulk acoustic wave (BAW) high-band RF filters for mobile and other wireless applications, announced today that it is acquiring a 51% majority ownership position of RFM Integrated Device, Inc., with the right to purchase the remaining 49% in 2022.

IBM Commits to Skill 30 Million People Globally by 2030

 IBM  today unveiled a groundbreaking commitment and global plan to provide 30 million people of all ages with new skills needed for the jobs of tomorrow by 2030. 

IC Industry at Heart of Possible China Takeover of Taiwan

Combined, China and Taiwan would hold about 37% of global IC capacity, almost 3x that of North America.

Power and Compound Fab Capacity Projected to Top Record 10 Million Wafers Per Month in 2023, SEMI Reports

Fueled by pent-up demand for automotive electronics caused by semiconductor supply chain disruptions wrought by the pandemic, worldwide installed capacity for power and compound semiconductor fabs is projected to top 10 million wafers per month (WPM) for the first time in 2023, growing to 10.24 million WPM (in 200mm equivalents) and climbing to 10.6 million WPM in 2024, SEMI announced today.

Rambus Advances Server Memory Performance with the Industry’s First 5600 MT/s DDR5 Registering Clock Driver

Rambus Inc. (NASDAQ: RMBS), a chip and silicon IP provider making data faster and safer, today announced it is now sampling its 5600 MT/s 2nd-generation RCD chip to the major DDR5 memory module (RDIMM) suppliers.

SkyWater Signs Technology Transfer and License Agreement for Deca’s Gen 2 M-Series Fan-out and Adaptive Patterning Technology

SkyWater Technology, the trusted technology realization partner and Deca Technologies(Deca), a provider of advanced electronic interconnect technology, today announced an agreement for Deca’s second generation M-Series fan-out wafer-level packaging (FOWLP) technology with Adaptive Patterning within SkyWater’s advanced packaging facility in Florida.

Featured Products

X