With Korea projected to rank among world leaders in semiconductor fab equipment spending next year, the stage is set for SEMICON Korea 2022 Hybrid as more than 450 companies gather February 9-11, 2022 at the COEX in Seoul for insights from visionaries and industry leaders into the latest microelectronics ecosystem developments, innovations and business opportunities. Trends critical to sustaining strong microelectronics industry growth such as smart manufacturing, sensorization, semiconductor design automation, manufacturing sustainability and workforce development will come into sharp focus. Registration for SEMICON Korea, the region’s premier microelectronics event, is open.
Featuring 2,000 booths, SEMICON Korea 2022 Hybrid will host nearly 120 semiconductor industry experts from around the world at 20 virtual conferences. On-demand conferences will be available until February 25, 2022.
The safety of event exhibitors and attendees remains the top SEMI priority as the world continues work to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. Only exhibitors and attendees who have been vaccinated and submitted a negative PCR test result within 48 hours prior to the event will be admitted to the exhibition hall.
SEMICON Korea 2022 Hybrid Highlights
- Keynotes – Leaders from Samsung Electronics, ASML, Hyundai Mobis, and IONQwill share insights on major industry issues and cutting-edge semiconductor technology trends, including automotive semiconductors and quantum computing.
- SEMI Technology Symposium (STS) – Leaders from the semiconductor industry, academia, and research will discuss the latest technologies for key manufacturing segments including Lithography, Materials, Device, Etch, Cleaning & CMP, and Packaging.
- AI Summit – With artificial intelligence (AI) a key driver of semiconductor industry growth, experts from various fields such as fabless, semiconductor equipment companies, and chipmakers will share AI technology roadmaps and business models.
- Design Automation Forum – AI and machine learning are emerging as new solutions to complex semiconductor design challenges. Leading electronic design automation (EDA) companies will provide updates on deployments of AI and machine learning in the EDA industry to help optimize chip design quality and productivity.
- Smart Manufacturing Forum – Smart manufacturing is playing an important role in the semiconductor industry to increase productivity and reduce costs in manufacturing processes. Smart manufacturing leaders will share the current state of smart manufacturing in the semiconductor material field and discuss the latest Industry 4.0 technologies.
- MEMS & Sensors Summit – Sensorization experts will explore new business and collaboration opportunities as smart cities move closer to reality.
- Metrology and Inspection (MI) Forum – Technical demands for metrology solutions are increasing as semiconductors become smaller and more advanced. Measurement equipment companies and semiconductor makers will discuss the latest technological trends and challenges in the field of pre- and post-process measurement.
- Sustainable Manufacturing Forum – Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability initiatives are rising in importance as the semiconductor industry drives toward a model of more sustainable manufacturing in the face of climate change. Experts will share sustainable manufacturing best practices and achievements across the semiconductor supply chain.
- Market Trends Forum – Leading IC research firms will provide perspectives and outlooks on U.S.-China geopolitical tensions, reshoring, semiconductor shortages and other key chip industry issues.
To help build the semiconductor industry talent pipline, chip engineers will offer career development advice to university engineering students in the popular SEMICON Korea Meet the Experts program.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are rising in importance as the semiconductor industry continues to grow its workforce. To encourage greater representatation of women, female leaders from high-tech industries will offer perspectives on strengthening diversity during the Women-in-Technology program geared toward women in high technology as well as tech leaders and employees who work with women.
Leading chipmakers including Intel, Kioxia, and Sony will host nearly 30 business meetings with semiconductor equipment, parts and materials companies as part of the Supplier Search Program to provide new business opportunities for the organizations.
Pre-registration for SEMICON Korea 2022 on-site exhibitions and virtual conferences is open until February 4, 2022. By pre-registering, attendees will receive complimentary admission to the exhibition and the early-bird price for an All-in Pass that provides admission to all conferences. With a Keynote Pass, attendees can attend keynotes for free.