Spotlighting critical issues including sustainability and supply chain resilience, SEMICON Southeast Asia 2022, the region’s premier gathering of the semiconductor and microelectronics industry, opens tomorrow as experts convene for insights into the latest industry trends, developments and innovations. Returning to the Setia SPICE Convention Centre in Penang for the first time in three years due to the pandemic, the 21-23 June event will connect semiconductor manufacturing equipment companies, private and public partners, and other key industry stakeholders to explore new collaboration and growth opportunities.
Themed Forward as One – Building A Resilient and Sustainable Electronics Supply Chain in Southeast Asia, SEMICON Southeast Asia 2022 will commemorate Malaysia’s 50th year of manufacturing excellence and celebrate Penang’s reputation as the Silicon Valley of the East. The exhibition and conferences are expected to draw more than 10,000 attendees and will feature two themed pavilions, two global pavilions, and technology forums to address key electronics manufacturing supply chain issues and trends.
The CxO Summit at SEMICON Southeast Asia 2022 will bring together industry thought leaders for perspectives on how companies across the supply chain can become more resilient to overcome industry disruptions such as the pandemic and chip shortage. Speakers will include:
- Ajit Manocha, President and CEO of SEMI – Welcome Speech
- Datuk Arham Abdul Rahman, CEO of Malaysian Investment Development Authority Malaysia (MIDA) – Opening Speech
- KC Ang, Chairman of the SEMI SEA Regional Advisory Board and Senior Vice President of Global Fab Operations at GlobalFoundries Singapore – Building Resiliency and Sustainability in the Semiconductor Industry
- Tim Archer, President and CEO of Lam Research – The Future of Innovation and Collaboration: The Semiverse
- Irving Tan, Executive Vice President of Global Operations at Western Digital – Supply Chain Resiliency
- Herbert Blaschitz, Executive Vice President, ATF, at Exyte Singapore – Creating Sustainable and Smart Wafer Fabs for the Future
- Chan Ping Chong, Vice-Chairman of the SEMI Southeast Asia Regional Advisory Board, and Smart Manufacturing Executive Vice President and General Manager of Product and Solutions at Kulicke & Soffa, Singapore – Advocating a Sustainable Supply Chain in the New Age of Digitalization
- Glen Brownlie, Vice President of Malaysian Operations at ams-Osram Malaysia – Optical Solutions in Digitization and Smart Living
The panel discussion Building a Resilient & Sustainable Electronics Supply Chain will culminate the CxO Forum.
Other SEMICON Southeast Asia 2022 Highlights
- Smart and Sustainable Manufacturing Journey will focus on state-of-the-art technologies that can increase manufacturing efficiency and world-class sustainable practices.
- World of IoT Pavilion will highlight start-ups and their latest technologies and solutions enabled by semiconductor innovation.
- Technical Forums will offer insights on industry and technology trends whilst providing networking and other information-sharing opportunities.
- Workforce and Talent Development Pavilion will feature the region’s largest E&E career fair and career talks by industry experts to help the industry build its talent pipeline.
- SEMICON University Program will feature aspiring leaders from the E&E industry and a robust panel to engage in a discussion on Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity (DEI).
Visit the SEMICON Southeast Asia 2022 website for more information.