With Taiwan forecast to rank as a top buyer of chipmaking equipment, the stage is set for SEMICON Taiwan 2022 as companies from across the electronics design and manufacturing supply chain gather for insights into the latest trends, developments and innovations driving industry growth. Registration is open for the exhibition and conferences, September 14-16, 2022 at TaiNEX 1 in Taipei.
SEMICON Taiwan, the region’s largest semiconductor event with an expected 50,000 attendees, 2450 booths and 700 exhibitors, will spotlight seven key industry themes.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Heterogeneous Integration
- Compound Semiconductors
- Auto Chips
- Smart Manufacturing
- ESG and Sustainability
- Semiconductor Cybersecurity
Taiwan is projected to maintain a top position in purchases of chipmaking equipment in 2022 and 2023 as global sales of total semiconductor manufacturing equipment reach a record $117.5 billion in 2022, according to the recent Mid-Year Total Semiconductor Equipment Forecast – OEM Perspective announced by SEMI.
“Long a semiconductor manufacturing powerhouse, Taiwan is a key enabler of trends including digital transformation, supply chain resilience and sustainability and remains central to the semiconductor industry’s continuing growth,” said Terry Tsao, Global Chief Marketing Officer at SEMI and the President of SEMI Taiwan. “We look forward to hosting industry leaders at SEMICON Taiwan 2022 as they gather to collaborate and drive innovations that address some of the world’s most pressing challenges.”
SEMICON Taiwan 2022 Highlights
- TSMC, Intel, ASE, AMD, AUO and other industry leaders will discuss the latest advances in 2.5D/3D IC packaging solutions and advanced testing technologies at the Heterogeneous Integration Global Summit 2022, IC Forum, and Advanced Testing Forum.
- Audi, Denso, Bosch, PixArt, Foxconn, Win Semiconductor and Qorvo will share innovative automotive technologies and help strengthen the network of design and manufacturing partners at the Global Auto Chips Executive Summit, MEMS & Sensors Forum, and Power and Opto Semiconductor Forum.
- Rockwell Automation, Lam Research, and Siemens will focus on data management, intelligent testing and analysis, and smart factories through case studies that highlight smart manufacturing opportunities and challenges at the Smart Manufacturing Forum.
- Microsoft and TXOne Networks will explore zero-trust architectures and supply chain cybersecurity governance and standards in an effort to reduce cybersecurity risks and strengthen supply chain resilience at the Semiconductor Cybersecurity Global Summit.
- The Workforce Developmemt Program series will feature industry, government, and academia representatives discussing key topics including the Talent Development Seminar – Empowering Youth Employability, Woman in Semiconductor (WiS) Seminar, and Diversity and Inclusion Seminar as the semiconductor industry works to expand awareness of career opportunities and recruit skilled workers vital to innovation and industry growth.
- To support the Pathway to Net-Zero Emissions in 2050 initiative announced by the Taiwan government in March 2022, the ESG & Sustainable Manufacturing Summit and Strategic Materials Conference Taiwan will bring together leading companies to share their progress in achieving zero waste, reducing carbon emissions, and developing green innovations.